Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sunday, May 18th - Caleb's blessing

I cannot even begin to describe how strong the spirit was in our home during Caleb's blessing. I was overcome with emotion, as I reflected back upon the past 5 months, and the journey that we have taken to get to this joyous occasion. We were surrounded by our dear, sweet families, and Brother Tim Frank, a member of the Bishopric. Shaun gave him a beautiful blessing, and he didn't even make a peep. It was a very special and memorable day. Thanks to our families in sharing this beautfiul day with us.



Due to the fact that Caleb is such a chunk, we had to do a little improvising on his blessing outfit. I was planning on using Austin's, and discovered (way too late), that it was way too small, and wouldn't work. So, we decided to use this cute little linen button-up shirt and shorts, (a baby gift straight from Mexico, from one of the girls on Shaun's team). Thank goodness it fit perfect and even allowed a little breathing room. Whoosh!!

Uncle Kevin, Aunt Marcy, and Caleb having a good laugh!!

3 comments:

kstalder said...

Oh Lish, I'm so glad everything went well for his special day. I only wish I could hold that little guy. Take care and enjoy that yard work!

Kirsty

Hofhine Fam said...

Hello neighbor it me Emily I love your blog it is so cute and you are the most amazing mom. Here is my blog hofhinefam.blogspot.com. I am so glad we are friends you are the best!

Brian & Kerrian said...

What a beautiful special day Lish!!! Love you tonz