Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My kid's are growing up.....

Halloween just wasn't the same around here this year as it has been in years past! Austin came to us a couple of days before Halloween and said that he and his buddies wanted to go "trick-or-treating" by themselves this year and didn't want any mom's or dad's going. At first we were a little hesitant, but after lots of begging, pleading, many "safety" lectures, MORE stranger/danger talks, and tears (from me, of course), we finally gave in and decided to let him go. After we agreed to let Austin go, Syd. thought that she should be able to do the same thing, so luckily, since our kids have such great friends, she went off on our own as well. So sad!!! One step closer to independence!!

Austin and the boys after a long night of trick-or treating!!
Emma and Syd. met up with their cute little friend Shaylee, and had a great time on "their own."

What would we do without Sawyer? Poor Braden kept saying, "Who I am going to go twick-o-tweeting with? Fortunately, he and Shaun caught up to Danny and Sawyer and everything was all better!!


3 comments:

kstalder said...

Isn't it sad when they get independent? What a myraid of stages we go through as a mother...The kids are adorable. Glad you had a fun night.

Shaun and Tonya said...

Wow your kid are getting so big --I hope i can figure out how to freeze mine I'm just starting teh trick or treat adictment at my house

Brian & Kerrian said...

I love trick or treating ~ I will be so sad when I "have to" be an adult and stay home and pass out candy!!! Good job on keeping your blog updated!!!