Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to ALL!

**Woosh! Sorry this is a little bit of a "lengthy" post....You know me, talk, talk, talk!!
My beautiful princess, and my handsome prince charming!
Happy Birthday to Sydney and Shaun! I just had to post this picture!! Syd. really is "Daddy's princess." It's hard to believe that our little Sydney is growing up so very fast, and is already nine years old, and 2 months into 3rd Grade!! Oh, it's so sad to think that this is her last year in "single" digits!! (That means Shaun and I are getting REALLY old!!) Syd. brings so much love and joy to our family. She is very mature for her age, and has always acted much older than she really is. She is thoughtful, kind, and very affectionate. I love that she just comes up to me and gives me a hug (right out of the blue), and says, "I love you mom!" She LOVES her baby brother very much, and always makes him laugh. She always tells me how darling he is, and tells me to watch what he is doing. It melts my heart. She LOVES spending time with her friends, and feels completely lost if she doesn't have a friend over. She has an amazing ability to make new friends, and keep in touch. It means a lot to her to spend time with friends that she doesn't get to see that often, and makes an effort to always plan "playdates" and "late overs!" She is extremely creative and very artistic, and is always "designing" something or the other!! She LOVES tumbling, and is constantly doing cartwheels, walk-over's, back handsprings, back tucks, etc., etc.....She loves her family very much, and enjoys spending time with all of the Grandma's and Grandpa's and all of her sweet cousins. We feel so blessed to have her in our family. Happy Birthday Syd.!!


Happy Birthday to my amazing, wonderful, dear sweet Shaun!! I'm pretty sure that he has got to be the BEST husband and father in this whole world! I am so blessed to be married to my very best friend!! Thanks for ALWAYS making me laugh, and being my biggest "cheerleader!" Thanks for providing for our family and working so hard everyday to make sure that we have what we need. Thanks for always making me feel important. Thanks for always fixing EVERYTHING, and being the biggest handyman I know. Thanks for teaching our children the importance of the gospel, and being such an amazing example to them. I LOVE YOU so very much, and want to wish you the Happiest birthday ever!!!!

I just wanted to wish all of the special people in my life (who have birthdays in Aug. and Sept.) a VERY Happy Birthday!


Grandpa Upp starts off the "Birthday Craziness" on Aug. 4th! Grandma Upp just celebrated hers on Sept. 23rd! Thank you Mom and Dad for being the BEST parents in the world. I am truly blessed to have been raised by such wonderful people, and feel so grateful for all that you do for me and my little family. You guys are always there for us, and ready and willing to help with whatever we may need. Thank you for being such wonderful Grandparents, and supporting my children in all of their many activities. It means so much to them! I LOVE you both very, very much, and hope that your birthday was filled with joy and happiness!


Uncle Matt - Thanks for being such a great brother-in-law and providing lots of good entertainment for us at every family function! We truly appreciate you being such a wonderful example to all of us! We love you! Happy Birthday!


G-pa "Pooper" and Syd. share the same birthday! It is so special to see the sweet bond that they share. It started all of those years ago when we were building our house, and lived with G-ma and G-pa! Syd. instantly became G-pa's best friend, and always wanted him to hold her, and play with her. Sometimes, G-pa was the only person she wanted. (To this day, there are times when he still is the only person she wants.) He is an amazing man, full of so much love for his family and his Grandchildren. He loves them all so much, and would do anything for them. Thank you, Grandpa for all of the many sleepovers, hikes, walks, advice, "special dates", movie nights, and the list goes and on and on! We love you very much, and hope that you had a wonderful birthday!


6 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday all! Syd is so cute, I loved her room, she is a sweetie, and yes your husband is one of the best he is so nice and funny! Great fam, lish! Love you guys!

The Fry Family said...

Lish were to start your family is so amazing. Happy Birthday to them all. You know I have been thinking latley about all things we did as kids and how we never worried about anything but how to be the first girl in the hair train lol. I now cant stop worring about what goes on with my kids everyday. I am so lucky to also have an amazing husband and family. Thanks for always beening the BEST cousin in the world if there was award for it you would so get it. You are the best every. I know my blog is behide but Jaron and I just bought a new house so we are fixing it up so has soon as I get moved in I will updated with picture of are new home. We love you both so much.

Joy & Casey said...

Hey! We sure love Syd around here-she is such a crack up!!! She is welcome here anytime! Happy birthday Sydney and Shaun...hope you had a good one!

Shaun and Tonya said...

I love your post --it helps to know your fam --fun little facts! I love teh daddy daughter pic -absolutely priceless

Brian & Kerrian said...

You have such a busy birthday month!!! That was such a sweet post to Shaun and Syd, they are as lucky to have you as you are to have them!!!

Angie said...

Wow! What a busy month for you. Happy happy birthday to Syd and Shaun. You really do have a great fam. I miss you and hope to talk to ya soon.