Friday, January 9, 2009

BACKING UP......

Happy New Year to all of you!! I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. With the business of the holiday season, my blog has been severely neglected, and I haven't been very dilligent in posting our latest happenings, so I decided that I would try to catch up and back up just a little bit. Bear with me it's been a crazy past couple of mos.

Christmas was so special this year with our dear, sweet little Caleb, and our other children, but difficult all at the same time. I became very sick with the stomach flu on the 23rd of Dec., and was down in bed through Christmas Eve night. I sat and cried as I watched my little family drive off to G-ma and G-pa's without me. Fortunately, I started feeling better that night and woke up Christmas morning to lots of fun and tons of excitement! We couldn't believe when we looked outside that a major blizzard had truly given us a white Christmas. I was devastated knowing that my mom and dad wouldn't be able to drive in such dangerous, snowy weather, from Grantsville. I called my mom and had to hold back the tears (AGAIN) as I knew this would be the first Christmas that I wouldn't be spending with my parents or the rest of my family as well. I tried to stay positive, and focus on my own little family. Then, Shaun looked at me and said he felt like he was going to throw up.....one right after the other, it came....Austin, then Braden, and on and on!! I felt like Cinderella, scrubbing, washing, bleaching, all on Christmas Day. Syd. and I finally sat down and played a quick game and ate our Christmas Dinner all by ourselves. By the end of the night, I was exhausted and wanted everybody to just get better really fast. Then at 2:00 A.M., poor little Syd. came upstairs and had thrown up all over her bedroom. She was sick throughout the rest of the night, and for the next day. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! We had to wait for several days before we could celebrate with our family's just because we didn't want to pass germs. When we were finally able to go out to Grantsville, and celebrate with my family, my camera batteries were dead, and I don't even have ONE pic. of my wonderful parents or family with my kids. So sad!! (For those of you that know me, I never leave home without a camera, and feel completely lost when my batteries die!!). Well, everybody's better and we are excited to embark on a new year and carry on with all of the many adventures that are out there waiting for us!!

10 comments:

The Vaughn Family said...

You poor thing, I know how awful it is to be sick yourself and then have to clean up after sick kiddos too...I guess this will be a memorable Christmas, though, right? :) Call me when you get a second! Love ya!

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kami said...

It is hard playing catch-up with the blog, I found that out the hard way this holiday season and I had now excuse we were all healthy. I am so sorry you and your family were sick for Christmas, that is sad! Your pictures are darling and I think you have started a wonderful tradition with your family and the service they gave to the chilrens hospital.

Hofhine Fam said...

Lish-
you are so amazing! I didn't know you and your fam was so sick. I am so sorry. I love all your posts. I love your pics of you and Syd delivering the animals and stockings. That was so sweet of you to put it all together. I will call about Activity days. Love ya

Princess Academy said...

Oh my word --poor thing! That sound like a complete nightmare I would totally cry too as my family drove off --sad! I'm glad everyone is doing better and The space ship picture says a thousand words -how priceless!

The Fry Family said...

O Lish your back Im so happy. I love you tons. I cant wait to get together and make up for our missed christmas party. I missed seeing everyone this year. I hope it will be soon Ashley and Chelsie need to see Syd they miss her so much. I hope everything is going good for Kevin and Marcy tell them I love them both so much and cant wait to meet our newest family addiction. Love you so much

Brian & Kerrian said...

Hi Lish!!! I have a saying for you that my friend Emily said, "let's cross of 08 and make 09 great" ~ next Christmas is going to be the best for your family, you deserve it after the past 2 years!!!! Love you tonz!!!

lisa said...

Alicia-No wonder you have been MIA for a while. What a month! I hope you are all doing better now. I had no idea about Kevin's baby. I am sorry. I hope things are okay with him now. Let him know we're praying for him. I sent you an invite to my blog let me know by email if you didn't get it. Lisa G.

Mikol said...

Sorry your Christmas didn't go as planned. We missed seeing everyone, and glad to see that baby Marshall is doing better. Hope to see everyone soon.

Austin Family said...

This reminds me of a trip we had planned to Montana. We invited another couple and their daughter. It was less than 24 hours since we had arrived and I got the stomach flu, within a day it had hit James, then Nick, then Alison and Blake and their little girl Emily. It was nuts and instead of eating all the delicious and expensive food we bought, we spent our week's vacation doing loads of laundry and sippin on chicken noodle soup! But I always say, if you don't have the bad times, you would never know how good the good times really are!! Happy New Year!